Monday 11 January 2016

Ice Princess!


 
Okay so I went ice skating last weekend for the first time in 10 years and I am so glad I did! Needless to say I was SO nervous, mostly just of looking stupid more than falling but I decided I needed to do it. I’m honestly the only Canadian in the world who can’t skate, I can get away with it when I’m living in Texas but when I am in Toronto I just feel like a loser!
 So last Friday my BFF and I went and got our skates sharpened because we were supposed to be going skating that next week but then in the car on the way home she drives by the rink, parks and says let go. It wasn’t too cold and the rink wasn’t even busy so I had ZERO excuses. I did however have to wear pink fuzzy socks because that’s all I had with me. I laced up my skates and stepped toward the ice, basically all the pictures in my head of how this was going to go down ended with me crashing to the ground and possibly sliding into someone. The last time I was on the ice I was about 8-9 and I wasn’t half bad but that was 10 years ago! Luckily Brina has skated before (true Canadian) and I was able to hold on to her arm for balance. So with my arm basically glued to B’s I hesitantly stepped onto the ice and amazingly didn’t crash or kill myself! Instead we made it around the rink over and over for a good 30 minutes, although I do admit there was one moment where we both lost our balance and almost collided with a child but we made it. The security skating guy who goes around the rink laughed at us but that was the worst of it!
 I’m so glad I went and had B with me to keep me from dying and for also getting me out there to face the nervousness of being back on the ice. If she hadn’t been there to pressure me and support me(literally, I couldn’t stand on my own at first) I probably still wouldn’t have made it out there!

No comments:

Post a Comment