Thursday 14 January 2016

Top 10 Girly Must Have's

So today I have a super awesome guest writer for you guys, my good friend Kate who runs the blog Kate's Balancing Act. When she said she wanted to collaborate with me I was like "Heck Yes!" I hope you guys love her post as much as I do! 

Xoxo Alex~


Top 10 Girly Must Have’s

Hey guys! I’m Kate, and I blog over at Kate’s Balancing Act. I have a wide range of things I like to write about, anything from marriage to DIY’s. I’m married to my one true love and we spend majority of our free time hunting together! I’m a full time mechanical engineer and love to volunteer my time for special causes, especially anything breast cancer related. I’d say I am pretty well balanced between being a girly-girl and a tomboy!

So when Alex asked me come say hello, I knew immediately what I wanted to write about. Without any ado, I present to youten must haves for that girly-girl side of you! 

1. Dry Shampoo – So I’m sure you’ve heard by now that washing your hair every day is just simply not good for your hair. However, some people hate the greasy-ness between washes. And this is where this bad boy comes in! I’ve tried several different kinds but I swear by this stuff…it lasts all day, doesn’t leave any residue on your hair, absorbs the oil and doesn’t make it look dusty! Win-win in my book.

2. Chapstick – I’ve been using this smooth goodness for YEARS. My lips seem to always be chapped – no matter what time of the year it is. But if I use this consistently it seems to make all that dryness go away and it is seriously SO silky smooth! Definitely my go-to chapstick.

3. A good moisturizer – this is another product I’ve been using for YEARS. Just like my lips, the rest of my skin is usually pretty dry – ESPECIALLY in the winter. But I have such sensitive skin, it’s hard to find something that doesn’t make the dryness worse or make me break out. This stuff works wonders and I’d recommend it to anyone.

4. A fitted blazer – Giiiiirl if you don’t have one by now, you must go out and get one now! The one I linked is from H&M however I got mine from TJ Maxx for a steal! This is that perfect staple piece for your closet as you can dress it up or down in so many ways! 

5. A favorite candle (or a knock off) – Okay so I am IN LOVE with the volcano candle. You can purchase it from places like Anthropologie or Francesca’s. However, I’m gonna be honest with you…it is prettyyyy pricey. And for a girl who likes to bargain shop, I’ve only treated myself to this candle a handful of times. AND THEN! I came across the Bali Sunrise candle from the beloved Target. Holy smokes, does it smell similar to volcano & only $10 for the large one and $5 for the smaller one. HOLLA!

6. A good makeup remover – I’ve tried a few different ones from the brand “Yes to Carrots.” Most recently I tried this coconut one and man does it smell great! Reminds me of sweet summertime and removes all my makeup without drying out my face.

7. Nice travel totes/luggage – If you suffer from a severe case of wanderlust like me, this is a must. You can’t be travelin’ the world with crappy luggage. It’s just not right. So I liked the super adorable 3 piece set from Victoria’s Secret. I only have the big one and in a different print but it is PERFECT! I also attached an image of my most favorite tote on the planet…this GORGEOUS cork tote from Thirty-One. Unfortunately it isn’t available anymore (except maybe eBay if you’re lucky!) but I highly suggest hitting up your local Thirty-One consultant and checking out their gorgeous bags!

8. Planner – every woman needs a planner. I used to be so guilty of getting one but never following through with using it and looking back now, I’m like what the heck was I thinking?? I used to keep everything in my calendar on my phone, which sure, was super convenient but what the heck happens if your phone breaks and you lose it all? I know there is NOO way I’d remember everything. So having a hard copy is a perfect way for me to stay organized. This year I got a super cute one from Target that is part of the Sugar Paper LA line! So stinkin’ cute!

9. Nice Leggings - So if I could, I’d live in leggings all.the.time. Which I still usually do when I’m not at work. But ladies, PLEASE invest in some nice leggings that aren’t see through – especially if you’re going to wear them as pants. There is nothing worse than being able to see everything going on under those comfy leggings. I’ve linked some fleece lined ones by Steve Madden that I have multiple pairs of. Also – they’re on clearance for $4 at TJ Maxx right now! Can I get an amen?!

10. Fuzzy socks – so coming from the girl who HATES socks this may seem kind of funny. But if I’m leaving the house during the winter you can bet that 90% of the time my feet are wrapped up in some cozy fuzzy socks. There is just something about them that is so comforting. And you can get them just about anywhere for a good price!

 I hope you enjoyed reading about my 10 girly must haves and a HUGE thank you to Alex for allowing me to be a guest on her awesome blog! Be sure to check my blog out at www.k8sbalancingact.wordpress.com and my IG handle is @kate_paszkiewicz! :) 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment